How do I get more traffic to my website? The Benefits Of Building Links?
One question I am continually being asked is “How do I get more traffic to my website?” part of the answer is through link building which is one major aspect of search engine optimization.
I thought I would share with you what link building is, and how it is beneficial for your website.
Link building is the process of getting other websites to link to your website. Most webmasters feel that writing quality articles will help them in getting links, but that’s not always true. Unless you specifically try to get links, it will be hard for you to do so.
In the past, link building was a relatively easy process. Automated tools could submit your details to article directories and to generate backlinks. The quality of the article or inbound links didn’t matter so much.
Google launched the Google Penguin algorithm, in April 2014, and it changed everything about link building. Today, link building is much more of a skill, and it takes time to get it right.
Link building is the process of getting links from high authority sites, quality sites, and relevant/related sites. The focus is on quality and relevancy of links. More than that, diversity of links plays a significant role in higher search engine ranking.
What are the benefits of Link Building?
Link building is an important part of search engine optimisation, and I have provided some examples which highlight some of the major benefits of link building for your website.
In general, the popularity of a website or blog is determined by the number of inbound links.
The number of inbound links from quality websites is also a big factor in determining your ranking position in Google.
After creating your website, it is always advisable to spend the starting few weeks on link building so that you will have more exposure on search engines.
Incoming links from an authority website are always rewarded in Google Search.
Effective link building doesn’t mean building unlimited links; it means getting genuine links from reliable websites.
The Main benefits of link building:
- Your website will gain great visibility in search results.
- Your website will receive traffic from other websites that link to you.
- High-quality incoming links mean your site will be admired as a valuable resource. This can be easily done by writing quality content.
- Link building also helps in getting indexed in search results quicker.
- Link building is also considered an important aspect of SEO.
How do you build a link building strategy:
- Writing really good and engaging content (editorial that people actually want to read!
- Writing guest blogs for other websites.
- Making videos that websites will want to link to.
- Register your details with business directories.
- Writing comments on blogs that have “dofollow” rules for search engine robots.
- Dofollow social bookmarking websites.
- Write strong content about your field of expertise and let the opinion makers know within your industry know.
There are many differnt ways of link building, but if you have a particular area of specialism, I would always advise you to make a carefully considered plan for building links.
Director - Peritus Digital